We are linking up at Blog Hoppin' for Teacher Week 2015 (use hashtag #teacherweek15 on Instagram and Twitter). We would love for you to get to know us a little bit better:
1. I'm a fitness instructor. I teach Jazzercise twice a week! It's the best 3rd job, ever (teaching 1st graders, running a blog, and teaching Jazzercise).
2. I've lost 115 pounds and I try to inspire other teachers/women to get fit and healthy on my *other* blog, For Blogness' Sake (I mostly post on Instagram @forblognesssake).
3. I have the goofiest family ever and I love them so much! They make me laugh (with my husband at the top of that list). We are the family that can talk about anything with each other at dinner (no topic is off the table....hahaha) and we have the best of times at our family cabin. Love these peeps!
4. In college I went on a humanitarian trip to Kenya. I worked at a deaf school and an orphanage. It was a life-changing, humbling experience. I miss these kids every.single.day.
5. My husband and I are both in the Greek system. My husband is a Sigma Chi (as well as my brother) and I'm an Alpha Phi (as well as my sister, sister-in-law, and Natalie). In college I was the Chapter President and now I'm the Alumnae Chapter President here in Salt Lake City. This organization has taught me so much and I wouldn't be where I am today without Alpha Phi.
1. I have 3 little kids who are my most prized possessions! Being a mom is my favorite thing in the whole world. These kids can sure be a handful
some most days, but I would't trade being their mom for anything else.
2. Besides blogging, my favorite hobby is photography! I used to do it to earn a little extra money on the side, but I've mostly stopped and just do it as a fun little side hobby. I love making a beautiful picture and capturing the little moments of life. (The picture below is from our trip to Vegas this summer for the TPT Conference. I miss those beautiful palm trees already!)
3. I love to travel! One of my favorite trips I've ever been on was when I was a senior in high school. My high school drama group (yep, I was a drama kid…) got invited to perform at the Fringe Festival in Edinburgh, Scotland. We got to spend two weeks in Scotland and it was definitely a trip I will never forget!
3. Once upon a time, I was a little bit of a pageant girl and I competed at the Miss Utah pageant. I was able to earn quite a bit of scholarship money doing pageants and I'm grateful for the many great opportunities it gave me to serve in my community. I loved being an advocate for the American Heart Association and raising money for women's cardiac care and research as part of my platform.
5. My favorite store is Hobby Lobby! This summer we put our condo on the market, and when I looked through all my pictures for the listing, I realized that almost all of my decor is from there. Sometimes when I walk through the store I look around and say, "I have that sign, I already own that piece of art, I have that hanging in my kitchen…" Haha. (Here's a little collage of what our condo looked like. This week we will finally close on our new house and we are SO EXCITED!!!)
Do you want to link up, too? Head over to Blog Hoppin'!
We'd really like to hear what you think about our fun facts.
Please leave a comment about something you learned
about us or something you have in common with one of us.
We love hearing from you in our comments!!